Thread: Request - Kenkanryu

Request - Kenkanryu

A friend of mine wants this translated for a submission.
    She is doing her thesis related to manga and sports manga is her preferred choice.
    I have the raws and it is just 2 volumes long.
    It's alright even if it's a less than perfect job and cleaning is not entirely required.
    It will also be kept private if that's what is required due to the rather controversial nature of this series.
    I've tried many options but either they backed out halfway or they won't be able to do it in time.
    I got the first chapter translated already but the rest are remaining.
    Kindly let me know about it in the next 24-48 hours.
    (since she has to respond back to the email about the final submission, as she has got a reply that her initial submission was approved)
    Thanks.

P.S. She is also willing to donate a little from her own pocket for your efforts.

EG staff
    The Divine
    I can't find raws,
    I can't find any baka updates link,
    I can't find any info on it,
    And I can't find any summary of what it is about.

Also, we don't do personal stuff unless it is one of the staff members who ask for it o.0
    Besides, we will be way too slow for her anyway T_T
    your crazy cleaner~
    the project finisher!

Goals for this year-
    1)Finish Donten ni warau 12/17
    2)Finish AnK. 15/34
    3)Finish Kamisama dolls. 58/72
    4)Finish Brave 10s 43/45
    5)Finish Renai 41/54
    6)Finish another project! DONE
    7)Pick a new project... one of those days.

Help make it come true! ^^

I just did a little research on Kenkanryu. As Ell says, there is no Baka Updates page for this manga. By that, it means that there is no listing for this manga on the website used by many scanlators to communicate about their work and progress: http://www.mangaupdates.com/ Baka Updates does have a page for the author, Sharin Yamano, but it only lists two manga, neither of which matches the description that I find in Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Kenkanryu

However, the Wikipedia page does include this line:
    The November 19, 2005 New York Times article "Ugly Images of Asian Rivals Become Best Sellers in Japan"[1] by Japan critic Norimitsu Onishi describes Kenkanryu and another manga, Introduction to China, as "portraying Chinese and Koreans as base peoples and advocating confrontation with them."

We are Easy Going Scans - we really do try to be easy-going and have fun with our scanlations and take pride in our work. I don't think a manga like this fits in well with our philosophy.

I had slim hopes but thanks for confirming.
    Btw, this is an interesting read about this series if you're interested.
    http://apjjf.org/-Rumi-SAKAMOTO/2535/article.html
    It's not on baka-updates due to the rather controversial nature of this series and dislike in general I guess.
    But when you look at things from a different perspective than as a casual reader, there are many things that come to light and not everything is pleasant to look at.
    I guess she will have to re-apply with a different series in mind for her presentation.

I have the raws in a private cloud link. It's not supposed to be shared publicly. Or such is the word I hear on the streets.

EG staff
    The Divine
    Opens the link,
    Sees a wall of text,
    Closes the link.

This is a NO anyways....=T
    your crazy cleaner~
    the project finisher!

Goals for this year-
    1)Finish Donten ni warau 12/17
    2)Finish AnK. 15/34
    3)Finish Kamisama dolls. 58/72
    4)Finish Brave 10s 43/45
    5)Finish Renai 41/54
    6)Finish another project! DONE
    7)Pick a new project... one of those days.

Help make it come true! ^^