Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: Questions for the Scanlation Team

EGS Staff
    The Divine
    No buts or I'll ground you!
    *sigh* Lemme get my TI-83+ ...WTF!? Piece of trash!!*throws it away*~Rodri316 during his proof of why -4^2=16

Member We dig you!
    Well, I wasn't angry, but I got it. _(┐「ε:)_

Should I report it here or in the broken link thread? Since it's not really a broken link... I'm not sure where to put it;;

Member We dig you!
    Uh, sorry, still haven't gotten around to it yet... OTL But, I had another question. There are some series that say they are XXX only, but I've also seen some of them on the XXXX. Is this a mistake or purposeful? Just wanted to let you guys know in case it wasn't;;

High Poster <3
    what is "XXX" and "XXXX" ?
    Spoiler

Ombra

This Bunny is his and That Cub is mine!

I am white, fluffy and cute, so sweet and a dear, loyal and can't be alone, independent and a tease!
    ~Queen of the white cute Rabbits~

-click-

Super Moderator
    XXX is probably "IRC", XXXX could be "site".
    Though this is only my hypothesis...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Siddharta Gautama

Quote Originally Posted by Ixis View Post
    Uh, sorry, still haven't gotten around to it yet... OTL But, I had another question. There are some series that say they are XXX only, but I've also seen some of them on the XXXX. Is this a mistake or purposeful? Just wanted to let you guys know in case it wasn't;;
    I'm assuming XXX is IRC, and XXXX is reader?

Applying this to the math equation... All the Line app series have been removed from our reader. The rest of the Naver series will follow suit at some point when I have some free time.

Member We dig you!
    Yikes, sorry, forgot I posted this. Yeah.

Not a problem; just since they said IRC only I thought it was an error :9

This is as good a place as any for a repeat question we get. This was from chatango.

Quote Originally Posted by anon8161
    why you guys stop uploading to mangadex
    Quote Originally Posted by anon1484
    probably to get mroe ad revenue, and to get more viewers on their mangaproject
    Here's your answer

Because EGS would like to retain control over the content we post associated with our group for a myriad of reasons. Once a third party steals / posts our content to an aggregator site, we lose control over that content permanently.

Why is the scanlation group's input so important? One big reason is quality, as we can see quite clearly with things like the reboot of Aruosumente or the temporary April Fools' releases.

The other big reason is to protect both our rights and the rights of the artists whose work we scan. If a work becomes licensed for release in English, it is EGS' policy to remove that work from our reader to support the artists. Since uploaded chapters cannot be removed from Mangadex, that means that our name is forcibly being tied to a behavior we do not support, either legally or ethically. And that is why we ask readers to refrain from uploading our works to other sites without our express permission.

For those of you who believe we are sitting here, cackling and rubbing our hands together as we collect "ad revenue" from site advertisements - the team who actually works on the scanlations sees no revenue from doing any of this. We are all volunteers who are not paid for any of our time. At best, any revenue generated from the site - which is probably negligible, although I wouldn't know (Actually I do know, since Ell told me - it's so negligible we should be thankful gapan is still running this site) - is used to run and maintain the actual website or purchase raws for scanlation. Nobody here is turning a profit.

Name:  1x2x1v.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  55.7 KB
    Last edited by Enkida; 08-06-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10