Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Design Studio General Discussion Project Phase 1

Currrrr the cat pirate!~ High Poster <3 Cursa's Avatar
    @Niichan: I think it's coincidence that only EGS posted here ^^;

@Aio: The storyline is very good so far, but I have some questions (only details):

1. why would one want a shadow? If nobody has a shadow, then how do you know about them?
    2. How do you travel between the worlds? Do the royals have something like a portal?
    3. Do the immortals know how to use magic?
    4. If you kill your doppelganger, do you get the other eye as well?
    Last edited by Cursa; 07-26-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Senior Member We dig you!
    i see. yeah i wondered about that. cause those who posted were either artists or staff members.
    i also like aiolia's entry but not so much on the 1 eye part. maybe have the royals have some sort of special eye color and the commoners have black ones.

@cursa. i dont think its about wanting the shadow. i think it represents being whole or complete. and about knowing about the shadow, maybe only humans have no shadow. other things like houses, objects etc have one.

hmm i have not thought of a story yet but i think a zombie theme would be awesome.
    not too hard to kill off characters if wanted.
    Last edited by Pastil; 07-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.

花付 きヴァン Bloed Is Awesome Aiolia's Avatar
    1. why would one want a shadow? If nobody has a shadow, then how do you know about them?

Niichan is right the Shadow is to represents being whole/complete

2. How do you travel between the worlds? Do the royals have something like a portal?

I updated my entry

3. Do the immortals know how to use magic?

OMG you spoiler yes only Immortal have magic

4. If you kill your doppelganger, do you get the other eye as well?

Yes you become an Immortal, have the other eyes and shadow

Join us now To create our very first EGS Manga Here :D

Name:  Unicorn c96.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  46.3 KB
    Random Concept for my idea
    Last edited by Aiolia; 07-30-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Retired EGS Honorable member High Poster <3 mangafan's Avatar
    After the poll closes for genre, would anyone like me to set up and advertise a writing contest for the plot?

I could do that here or in the Writing Forum; it doesn't matter which.

Quote Originally Posted by mangafan View Post
    After the poll closes for genre, would anyone like me to set up and advertise a writing contest for the plot?

I could do that here or in the Writing Forum; it doesn't matter which.
    Closed it at 10 August for me thank you :D

GFX Winner
    We dig you!
    So, are we supposed to suggest the story/idea here or post it according to this post ?

I have a story that sets in a fictional world from the reality in which a tech company founded by the Emperor of Japan flourished and evolved into a superpower organization on its own. The company invented teleportation devices that could have revolutionized everything but due to economic constraints the spread of said tech was limited. The main story revolves around a particular "generation" of employees in the company. What's so special about them is the involvement of 2 events:

One is the development of a new portal project based on the previously mentioned teleportation technology. They managed to cross dimensions as well as time, realizing the five-dimensional reality (3 space, 1 time, 1 paralleled dimension/realm) in process. The portal experiments didn't end well, it destabilized to the point the chief scientist (highest leader of the lab) had to shut down the projects permanently (by utterly annihilating the portal chamber). Creatures found during the portal experiments were captured and many were held imprisoned inside a high-tech containment area with sci-fi energy barriers and all, some of them were proven to be safe enough to join the company as official employees (or just plain freeloaders/guinea pig).

The other major event is the return of a former chief scientist. He was discharged during a coup in the past and remained the most hated man by many of the company's seniors. There was a terrible scheme behind his condemnation, as such throughout the entire story, he appears as the primary antagonist. He sought justice but mistaken for seeking revenge. The least to say perhaps the greatest twist of the story. Anyways, he intervened the lab's activities by both direct and indirect means. He intruded the lab at times to reclaim his inventions and he kept the company's leaders on their toes by acquiring their major supplier-partner corporation via stock transaction. Prior to his return, he somehow managed on the good side of the dormant occult circles and became a client of some sort to the magicians (yes, they exist but were extremely secretive)

This aspect can be comparable to To Aru Majutsu no Index regarding science vs. magic side as you might say but not as clearly defined. In the end, the "science" side of the tech company was empowered by magic and the "supernatural" side of the circles were powered by sci-fi weaponry. "Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" as it goes. The earlier story tells the reestablishment of a supernatural research department (Magic sector) in the wake of the former chief's opposing magical capabilities while at the same time short reveals on the hidden past and engineering systems that will be the main focal of later arcs as the story expands to other realms through the portal projects' events.

This, however, was not all about the fight between sides, not only because the plot does drift toward sci-fi later, but also about the intricate yet conflicting connections between the characters/elements that dictate their actions, which will make a great story. Since the company is closely related to the Imperial Household of Japan, part of the storyline also covers political aspects, normal slice-of-life romance as the family looks for bloodline continuity while dealing with daily commotion brought upon by the dojikko princess (which makes it worse 'cos she has 'max luck' innate passive power).

The major genre as I determined is Sci-fi, Slice of Life, Adventure, Supernature, Comedy, Romance (possible Action, Shounen and Mystery). The content is, however, a bit too expansive to cover everything (at least not easily).

P/s: It's actually a highly detailed roleplay that has been going on for a year named Imperial Experiment, here's the banner of it
    Last edited by Lightning Ray; 08-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Design, encode, write.

Retired EGS Honorable member High Poster <3 mangafan's Avatar
    You can suggest them here, but also create a thread with your suggested idea if you want it in the voting.
    That way it's easier for people to find the laid out suggestions.

Senior Member Pure awesomeness! Keizer's Avatar
    ...this still active??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2