The Divine

Embalming - Another Tale of Frankenstein / Downloads and Discussion

Title: Embalming - Another Tale of Frankenstein
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama, Horror, Science Fiction
    Reading Order: Right to left
    Author: Kurosaki Kaoru, Watsuki Nobuhiro
    Artist: Watsuki Nobuhiro
    Status in Country of Origin: 10 Volumes - Complete
    Description: A story based on the concept of Frankenstein. The late scientist Victor Frankenstein's papers on the creation of a "frankenstein" are being put to use, and Fury Flatliner, motivated by revenge, sets out to kill them and their creator.

Project Status:

Volume 04
    --------------------------------------
    Chapter 20 > released
    Chapter 21 > released
    Chapter 22 > released
    Chapter 23 > released
    Chapter 24 > released

Volume 05
    --------------------------------------
    Chapter 25 > released
    Chapter 26 > released
    Chapter 27 > released
    Chapter 28 > released

Broken link? Report it here
    Last edited by mangafan; 08-02-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks for picking up this series.
    About the character you've named "Mike Roft", whom everyone seems to call by name and surname at once, I think, since he's the most brilliant man on the UK and member and cofounder of the Diogenes Club, he would be this man, so it'd be "Mycroft" instead of "Mike Roft" (the jap spelling is MAIKUROFUTTO for the first and MAIKU·ROFUTTO for the second).

Japanese Translator
    The Divine
    This is the 2nd time I am addressing this issue. First, I read the entire Sherlock Holmes series and know full well who Mycroft Holmes is. The manga character's official name in Japanese is マイク=ロフト which is read Mike Roft or Mycroft but there is a break between Mike and Roft as indicated by the =. That is the symbol the mangaka used to separate 2 consecutive English words or given name-surname. And his character description is "elder brother of a certain famous detective". Reference to Mycroft Holmes: Yes. Is he Mycroft Holmes: No.

I forgot to add the word "perhaps" to my former post, between "Diogenes Club," and "he would be"; sorry about that. I was asking precisely if there was any kind of separator (it's amazing the popular the equal sign has become as a substitutive of the middle dot as a separator of Western names in fiction), that's why I indicated both spellings.
    Thanks for clearing away my doubt.

Leecher Leecher
    Hi, thanks for keeping the project alive. I have a question: is there any reason to split Chapter 27?

Objections Denied
    The Divine
    What do you mean by split? That is all of Ch 27, and next chapter will be 28.

Leecher Leecher
    Sorry, I downloaded v.1 of the chapter that was a few pages short, v.2 is OK.