Questions for the Scanlation Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No buts or I'll ground you!
    *sigh* Lemme get my TI-83+ ...WTF!? Piece of trash!!*throws it away*~Rodri316 during his proof of why -4^2=16

Comment

Well, I wasn't angry, but I got it. _(┐「ε:)_

Should I report it here or in the broken link thread? Since it's not really a broken link... I'm not sure where to put it;;

Comment

Uh, sorry, still haven't gotten around to it yet... OTL But, I had another question. There are some series that say they are XXX only, but I've also seen some of them on the XXXX. Is this a mistake or purposeful? Just wanted to let you guys know in case it wasn't;;

Comment

what is "XXX" and "XXXX" ?
          Spoiler

Ombra

This Bunny is his and That Cub is mine!

I am white, fluffy and cute, so sweet and a dear, loyal and can't be alone, independent and a tease!
          ~Queen of the white cute Rabbits~

-click-

Comment

XXX is probably "IRC", XXXX could be "site".
            Though this is only my hypothesis...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
            Siddharta Gautama

Comment

Originally posted by Ixis View Post
              Uh, sorry, still haven't gotten around to it yet... OTL But, I had another question. There are some series that say they are XXX only, but I've also seen some of them on the XXXX. Is this a mistake or purposeful? Just wanted to let you guys know in case it wasn't;;
              I'm assuming XXX is IRC, and XXXX is reader?

Applying this to the math equation... All the Line app series have been removed from our reader. The rest of the Naver series will follow suit at some point when I have some free time.

Comment

Yikes, sorry, forgot I posted this. Yeah.

Not a problem; just since they said IRC only I thought it was an error :9

Comment

This is as good a place as any for a repeat question we get. This was from chatango.

Originally posted by anon8161
                  why you guys stop uploading to mangadex
                  Originally posted by anon1484
                  probably to get mroe ad revenue, and to get more viewers on their mangaproject
                  Here's your answer

Because EGS would like to retain control over the content we post associated with our group for a myriad of reasons. Once a third party steals / posts our content to an aggregator site, we lose control over that content permanently.

Why is the scanlation group's input so important? One big reason is quality, as we can see quite clearly with things like the reboot of Aruosumente or the temporary April Fools' releases.

The other big reason is to protect both our rights and the rights of the artists whose work we scan. If a work becomes licensed for release in English, it is EGS' policy to remove that work from our reader to support the artists. Since uploaded chapters cannot be removed from Mangadex, that means that our name is forcibly being tied to a behavior we do not support, either legally or ethically. And that is why we ask readers to refrain from uploading our works to other sites without our express permission.

For those of you who believe we are sitting here, cackling and rubbing our hands together as we collect "ad revenue" from site advertisements - the team who actually works on the scanlations sees no revenue from doing any of this. We are all volunteers who are not paid for any of our time. At best, any revenue generated from the site - which is probably negligible, although I wouldn't know (Actually I do know, since Ell told me - it's so negligible we should be thankful gapan is still running this site) - is used to run and maintain the actual website or purchase raws for scanlation. Nobody here is turning a profit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1x2x1v.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	599429
                  Last edited by Enkida; 08-06-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enkida View Post
                    This is as good a place as any for a repeat question we get. This was from chatango.

Here's your answer

Because EGS would like to retain control over the content we post associated with our group for a myriad of reasons. Once a third party steals / posts our content to an aggregator site, we lose control over that content permanently.

Why is the scanlation group's input so important? One big reason is quality, as we can see quite clearly with things like the reboot of Aruosumente or the temporary April Fools' releases.

The other big reason is to protect both our rights and the rights of the artists whose work we scan. If a work becomes licensed for release in English, it is EGS' policy to remove that work from our reader to support the artists. Since uploaded chapters cannot be removed from Mangadex, that means that our name is forcibly being tied to a behavior we do not support, either legally or ethically. And that is why we ask readers to refrain from uploading our works to other sites without our express permission.

For those of you who believe we are sitting here, cackling and rubbing our hands together as we collect "ad revenue" from site advertisements - the team who actually works on the scanlations sees no revenue from doing any of this. We are all volunteers who are not paid for any of our time. At best, any revenue generated from the site - which is probably negligible, although I wouldn't know (Actually I do know, since Ell told me - it's so negligible we should be thankful gapan is still running this site) - is used to run and maintain the actual website or purchase raws for scanlation. Nobody here is turning a profit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16419[/ATTACH]
                    very good and very cool explication thanks bro for this photo i like it

Comment

• Hello, I am the proofreader for Team Duwang, which is currently working on Usogui (a dropped series of EGScans).

First of all, I want to thank EGScans for scanlating Usogui. It is an incredibly moving and important manga to me, so I am grateful that EGScans brought it to an english audience. It's one of the few series that I am collecting all the volumes for despite not being able to read Japanese.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I am here to request for permission to upload the chapters done by EGScans to Mangadex. The reason is that right now there is a huge chapter gap on the site, which makes it harder for new readers to pick up the series in full, as well as for older readers to reread older scenes. Although readers can go to other sites, I want to consolidate readers on mangadex as much as possible to concentrate discussion on the series (asides from Reddit and 4chan, it's one of the only places where discussions happen). My hope is that the discussion can help liven its fan-base and also attract new readers to the series. Overall I think this is something that will help the series grow for English audiences.

Originally posted by Enkida View Post
                      I am not sure if this was different in the past, but right now, uploaded chapters can be removed, provided you are the uploader or belong to the scanlator's group.

Thank you for your consideration and time.

Comment

Working...
                      X