Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Guide: Staff, coloured names, usergroups and participation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide: Staff, coloured names, usergroups and participation

You've come to Easy Going Scans, so now it's time to introduce you to the family~

A lot of people have made EGS their home, but we are a very tight knit community between all the sections of our group.

Colours, Staff and Titles
    The first thing to know about our structure is that we have staff members as well as members of the community, which we discern through name colours.

Admins: These people try to manage all the nitpicky things so that the staff can work efficiently and the community members can enjoy their releases and discussions
    Staff: Including Translators, Proofreaders, Cleaners, Typesetters and Quality Checkers
    Moderators: The moderators help to keep the forums and catbox clean. They remove spam and advertisements, move threads into the relevant forums, help manage events, like the zodiac contests or questions for the magazine.
    Trial staff:
    These guys are still on trial, which means they just joined recently and are getting to know the ropes -well, trial passes very quickly usually, so you might not see too many of these
    The Brush and the Palette: Some artists have pink coloured names and are a part of the Brush and Palette usergroup. There are more details about it here~
    Illustrators and writers:
    Although they do not carry a colour to their name, some of our very important friends and participants are the illustrators and writers. Very often, EGS needs illustrations or articles, whether for the magazine or for other projects and we depend on our talented artistic and writing communities that I mention again below to help us out!
    Chocolate Club: Chocolate club members have their own username colour and title since EGS has a great respect of chocolate lovers. Join the fun!

Within the scanlation team itself, we follow a policy of friendly cooperation. There are no heads of any particular section since we believe people should work at their own pace. We do have a high standard on quality, however, so it's the QCs job to polish things before release as well as to give tips in guides that we create in the staff forum as well as over IRC.

User Titles
    There are also classifications of members within the forums. User titles appear under your nickname on your profile and posts and don't have much substantial meaning:

Leecher - <10 posts
    Newbie - 10-30 posts
    Member - 30-500 posts
    Senior Member - >500 posts. Godly or obsessive, these ones never stop chatting.

And in the same way, there are titles of:
    Leecher, newbie, trying, getting there, wannabe, we dig you, is awesome and the divine, in that order.

Titles can also be personalized should a member chose to do so in your profile editing personal panel. In order to be able to customize your title, that ability must have been enabled for you by an administrator. Hint: if it is not available to you, asking an admin to make it available probably won't do the trick. Customized titles are usually reserved for those on staff.

The Communities
    In addition to the formal structures, many members like to make their own communities here.

Of particular notice is The Family, one such structure put together by the self-proclaimed brothers and sisters of the forums.

The Noblesse Obsessed group are also a vibrant group and commonly participate in the Zodiac competition and Noblesse fandom sub-forums.

And we should not forget our artistic and literary talents. Many artists visit and compete in the Art and Writing Contests offered in the forums and chat or give tips to each other in the Artists' Gallery and Writers' Blog.

And we always grow and change! I am eager to see how you leave your mark on EGS too!
    Last edited by mangafan; 05-21-2013, 10:39 PM.

Originally posted by tallrice View Post
    Y
    And in the same way, there are titles of:
    Leecher, newbie, trying, getting there, wannabe, we dig you, is awesome and the divine, in that order.

Titles can also be personalized should a member chose to do so in your profile editing personal panel.
    i feel stupid for having to ask this, but where there exactly? i've been trying to look for such an option, without much success as of yet... >_<
    currently reading: Hayate no Gotoku!
    ...the light of this world is dim and fading away...

Comment

^ You can't as that option is not available for the people with name in black. For changing your title, you need to be either a part of staff/ moderators or artist group (the pink one).

Comment

aight, thought there might be a prerequisite of some sort. thanks~

Comment

Originally posted by Dhṛtarāṣṭra View Post
          i feel stupid for having to ask this, but where there exactly? i've been trying to look for such an option, without much success as of yet... >_<
          Actually, it's something that is controlled on the administrator's options for each member. It can be selected "Custom Title", and those with yes selected are able to edit their title :)

Comment

on a side note, if it's not too much work could this info be edited into the first post? a bunch of new members like myself might wonder the same thing but feel too stupid to ask, like i did for a while~ :p

Comment

Originally posted by Dhṛtarāṣṭra View Post
              on a side note, if it's not too much work could this info be edited into the first post? a bunch of new members like myself might wonder the same thing but feel too stupid to ask, like i did for a while~ :p
              Gotcha. Thanks for the suggestion ^^

Comment

Working...
              X