Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Guide: How to register an account on Naver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide: How to register an account on Naver

How to register an account on Naver!

So, you have come across a section of Naver that you need to have a registered account for? Kurosmith has put together some images in a guide format for you to figure out how to sign up! Thank you Kurosmith~

Incomplete: If you get to step 5, please post a response with a copied screen from the naver site and I will help you fill in further screens. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get past step 5 because of the cell phone verification....

Note that you have to input a valid cell phone number in step 4. You will receive a text from Naver, which has to be confirmed before you can continue with the registration.

Step 1: Naver Homepage
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	600557

First, go to the homepage and click on the link noted in this picture.

Step 2: Location

Name:	02.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	600558

Naver uses splits its users into different regions. So, I am assuming you are applying from overseas, so please press the link on the far right.

Step 3: Terms

Name:	03.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	600559

Tick the two boxes and click the green button at the bottom of the screen.

Step 4: Cell phone verification

Name:	04.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	600560

Click on the circled box in this image. You will get a pop window where you will have to enter your country code and your mobile number

Step 5: Verification

Name:	05.jpg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	600561
    Once you have submitted your phone number, you will receive a text from Naver with a "Verification Number" that you should enter in this box. Then press the ok button at the bottom of your screen.

Step 6: ?
    I suspect there are further steps after this with fields for name, address, etc. Please post a reply to this thread if there are and you would like help continuing...
    Last edited by tallrice; 03-19-2012, 01:50 AM.

Step 6
    You are asked to enter your name, birthday and gender after this. You cannot change this information later ever again. I have no picture of this step.

Female is 여, male is 남.

Spoiler
    Naver knows two types of accounts. Those with their actual name verified and those that haven't. (As long as you haven't, you cannot use a lot of services like purchasing e-books or joining a lot of cafes (among them those for City of the Dead Sorcerer [actually: Team Getname] and Noblesse.)
    I highly doubt you will be able to do this as a foreigner, no matter if you would.

Step 7

Step 8
    Confirm and captcha
    Ring the bell at the front of my book and I may be right there for you.... soon... ish.
    앞으로는 걱정하지 않아도 되겠는데.

Comment

Thank you for showing us this great guide.
      Kuro
      Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

I've just found a link to the registration process for English speakers:
        Global registration

I haven't tried it yet but it seems to be working as well because you can now enter a phone number from any country in the world! I'll do it and tell you how it went :)

edit: It works!
        You just have to check English as language on the top when you arrive on the sign up page.
        Then you have to fill the info required and verify your phone number, and you're done ^^
        Last edited by Seira; 03-18-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seira View Post
          I've just found a link to the registration process for English speakers:
          Global registration

I haven't tried it yet but it seems to be working as well because you can now enter a phone number from any country in the world! I'll do it and tell you how it went :)

edit: It works!
          You just have to check English as language on the top when you arrive on the sign up page.
          Then you have to fill the info required and verify your phone number, and you're done ^^
          I tried it but it didnīt work for me.
          Kuro
          Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

What went wrong?
            For me the page got delayed because of the distance but after all my account seems to work fine.

Comment

I donīt know what went wrong but it works now and itīs much easier than the normal registration.
              Thanks for showing us the link.
              Kuro
              Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

I think they reopened the registration process to foreigners because a new English webtoon service has been created last year ^^
                You're welcome, I'm happy to help because I also wanted to create an account to support my favorite authors :)

Comment

HI good Day
                  Today i Created account on naver but i can access those webtoons that needed 19+ age (Looking For a Father)
                  when i register it only ask the Month and Day
                  did i miss something? thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X