Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

70 / Downloads and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 / Downloads and Discussion

Title: 70
    Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Seinen
    Reading order: Left to right
    Author: Kim Jae-Hee
    Artist: Kim Jae-Hee
    Status in Country of Origin: 31 Chapters (Ongoing)
    Description: 70 years since the end of the Korean war, July 27, 1953. 70 years on, a new conflict arises in the Korean peninsula. The powder keg of North East Asia is lit by a small ember...

Raws: here

Project Status:

Season 1
    --------------------------------
    Chapter 01 > released
    Chapter 02 > released
    Chapter 03 > released
    Chapter 04 > released
    Chapter 05 > released
    Chapter 06 > released
    Chapter 07 > released
    Chapter 08 > released
    Chapter 08 extra > released
    Chapter 09 > released
    Chapter 10 > released
    Chapter 11 > released
    Chapter 12 > released
    Chapter 13 > released
    Chapter 14 > released
    Chapter 15 > released
    Chapter 16 > released

Broken link? Report it here
    Last edited by mangafan; 01-04-2015, 12:03 AM.

A question about page 8 of chapter 1. There is an explanation chambering. Isn't chambering putting a bullet in the firing chamber? See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamber_(firearms)

Comment

iladriel,

The act of chambering a cartridge means the insertion of a round into the chamber, either manually or through the action of the weapon, e.g., pump-action, lever-action, bolt action, or automatic action generally in anticipation of Firing the weapon, without need to 'load' the weapon upon decision to use it (reducing the number of actions needed to discharge).

So when the soldier/terrorist pulled the action of the weapon, you see the round going into the chamber of the gun. So yes, you are right.

However the explanation is not talking about the chambering, if that is what you are asking. The author's note is there because there were comments in the original comic asking what that bullet/round was, and people were debating whether that was a paintball round or if it even existed at all.

BTW Simulation rounds are not real, it is a fictional thing in the comic.

*Edit: I see why the confusion happened, although the star was next to the world "chambering" it was meant to highlight the "chambering round!" itself.

Enjoy~
      Last edited by WooHoo; 03-31-2014, 02:58 AM.
      죄를 짓는 것 한 순간이지만 철컹철컹은 영원하다.
      Crimes are fleeting, but a good arrest lasts forever.

포돌이는 언제나 지켜본다.
      Podori is always watching you.

Translator of: 70, Hive, Free Draw

sigpic

Comment

I have no idea what's going on or where this is going, but I enjoyed exploding melting guy.
        That's what happens when you sass terrorists! (︶▽︶)

Comment

I still have no idea what's going on or where this is going. Seriously, WHAT IS GOING ON?? WHO IS WHO?? The only guy I can keep straight is beard guy. (;´Д`)

Comment

A bomb went off during a parade. President's security team got killed, but the President was rescued. However, the terrorists had an open chance to kill the president yet they didn't and they were rescued. The Terrorist who was captured claimed that he was a North Korean soldier yet the North Koreans deny this claim.

Since the President realized that something bigger was controlling the entire series of events (the kidnapping, the bomb) he sends Han Seok-Gyu (bearded guy) to watch over all activities involving the North.

Later the South Korean Government recieved a distress signal from a South Korean intelligence agent who has infiltrated the North Korean nuclear missile testing facility (this may give possible leads about bomb). So a team of KDIC (South Korean Special Forces who specializes in infiltrating the North) with Han and his underling (Jeong) is sent to North Korea to recover the agent.

I mean, if you read through the wall of text it's not that difficult to make out. Although the action is quite distracting,

포돌이는 언제나 지켜본다.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, well... I guess I wasn't as lost as I thought. I guess since everyone was flipping the fuck out all the time I thought more was happening than that? I think my main confusion was about the initial team that was introduced in the first chapter. That was the group of terrorists, right? I think I assumed that it would be told from their perspective so when it started following Han Seok-Gyu and the KDIC I thought that that was them... man, I dunno.

I think the distracting action is part the problem. Or more like, I want to read it at a pace that the action seems that it's happening? So, I kind of speed-read through it. That, and when I read/watch military action series, due it being littered with technical terms about formations, weapons, and acronyms my eyes lose focus and I wake up days later on someone's roof. So even if I read through it slowly I'm like ¯\(º_o)/¯

tl;dr I'm retarded and thank you for explaining :9
              Last edited by Ixis; 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixis View Post
                Ah, well... I guess I wasn't as lost as I thought. I guess since everyone was flipping the fuck out all the time I thought more was happening than that? I think my main confusion was about the initial team that was introduced in the first chapter. That was the group of terrorists, right? I think I assumed that it would be told from their perspective so when it started following Han Seok-Gyu and the KDIC I thought that that was them... man, I dunno.

I think the distracting action is part the problem. Or more like, I want to read it at a pace that the action seems that it's happening? So, I kind of speed-read through it. That, and when I read/watch military action series, due it being littered with technical terms about formations, weapons, and acronyms my eyes lose focus and I wake up days later on someone's roof. So even if I read through it slowly I'm like ¯\(º_o)/¯

tl;dr I'm retarded and thank you for explaining :9

LOL, no you aren't retarded. I think I underestimated this webtoon's confusion, now looking back at it I see why it is so confusing.

It's difficult if you aren't familiar with the South Korean units and etc. There's a lot of them introduced in this series of webtoons. Han and Jeong aren't part of the KDIC, I understand this is extremely confusing because this webtoon was aimed for adult South Korean males who most likely (almost 90% of the males serve) served in the military or law enforcement. If you get confused, just refer to the unit explanation page (which I did not update in a long time, so I should do that in this week).

I understand why you confused Jeong and Han with the KDIC XD, I didn't update them yet, lol.

포돌이는 언제나 지켜본다.

sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, yeah, although I did read the explanations I think it's probably easier to remember if you're more familiar with it. It's quite a bit to take in all at once. Kind of like learning a new language and then trying to recall what the hell certain words are as you're reading a foreign novel, lol. I also have legit memory problems which doesn't help;;; This is why I try to read series when they're completed or in chunks instead of release to release, because I can keep track of what's going on and remember everything more easily +w+;;

Thanks again for humoring this poor lass ♬(◔ ◡ ◔)♪

Comment

Working...
                  X