Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Green Blood / Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Blood / Discussion

Click image for larger version

Name:	i123319.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	600697

Title: Green Blood
    Reading order: Right to left
    Genre: Action, Historical, Seinen
    Author: KAKIZAKI Masasumi
    Artist: KAKIZAKI Masasumi
    Status in Country of Origin: 5 Volumes - Complete
    Description: The end of the civil war signaled the start of the industrial revolution in the United States, and immigrants from all over the world traveled to find their American dream. But what awaited the majority of them was poverty, discrimination, and hopelessness. Manhattan, New York, was full of immigrants flooding through the ports and the 6th district, Five Points, which was considered at the time, the world’s worst slum. The mobsters corrupted the entire area, including the police by paying them off; Five Points was the mob’s territory and they were the law.

But even in Five Points, where there seemed to be nothing but robbery, prostitution and murder, showed some signs of hope. Luke Burns was a honest and righteous teenager who realized that the mob was the cause of the harsh lifestyle and that joining the mobsters would not bring him the American dream. But his older brother, Brad Burns, had become the assassin to the biggest mob group of Five Points, the Grave Diggers, a secret he kept from Luke for his own protection. Brad was known as the Grim Reaper, and his reputation preceded him as a ruthless and skilled killer.
    Last edited by mangafan; 06-21-2014, 10:10 PM.

I have high hopes for this series. The art is really awesome too.

Comment

Even though i have read only the chapters you have translated, it has become one of my favorites. Both the story and the art are amazing.
      Thanks for translating this!!

Comment

Reading this on another site but thank you for your hard work i was only up to chapter 5 or so but ill continue reading Green Blood on this site it is quite amazing thus far and my interest continually grows with each chapter. i admire your hard work and thank you dearly.

Comment

Well catching up was an easy feat. My god the art and story of this manga are phenomenal i cant wait for 13.

Only read the following if you are current to 12;
          Spoiler
          I cant believe the audacity of that spineless worm the GD head's son. Striking that deal with the Iron Butterflies to kidnap Luke that's quite an excellent and believable option. I hate that guy which makes me happy cause I know I'm reading about a believable character, that one you'll rejoice when you see die
          Last edited by Rayne; 11-28-2012, 08:03 AM. Reason: had a fail

Comment

I can't believe that I'm a manga character, or at least my real name is!!! Chapter 25, page 16!! It would have been perfect if the author had made him Charles W. Howard III!!!

I suppose now I'm going to have to grow out my sideburns and mustache in addition to buying myself a bowler-style hat!

BUT... I am NOT cutting my hair short!!!!!!! This 58 year old hippie pervert LIKES his long hair!!!

Although I must admit that the author DID NOT draw that character to look creepy enough to justify having my name!!!
            Last edited by PervySageChuck; 04-13-2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

So, is this ever going to be updated? I really hope this isn't dead as the story was just getting good.

Comment

Working...
              X