Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGSís logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Official Raws & Spoilers And Latest Chapter Discussion For Volume 8

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this I think the werewolf arc is pretty much finished and then we'll finish the series off with the Union. I'm going to guess Muzaka will die this arc and, if the writers don't cop-out, Rai will die this arc too.

Comment

Why would Muzaka die? He is beating Maduke, surpassing his limits, & has Dr. Crombel as his personal physician. I expect Muzaka to make a full recovery. Despite his dire health issues, Rai does not seem to be on the brink of death just yet, either. I suspect that he will live on, leading a normal, but never boring life of a “young” adult, w/ a solid group of devoted friends. Unless that last fight w/ the last remnants of the Union turns out to be too much, in which case Rai will take a very long nap & meet up w/ Shin Woo’s great grand kids when they are in High School.

Comment

Story-wise, there's nothing left for Muzaka to do. He no longer has any reasons for destroying humanity since he now knows Maduke did it. Let's face it Rai should honestly be dead by now. He had to fight blood-stone powered Lagus, Titan who was able to tank and absorb Rai's power before he had to use a new attack we've never seen before, a small fistfight with Muzaka before Frankenstein brought him back, and now fight against an even more powerful blood-stone Maduke. I might be hoping for too much at this point, but thematically I think Rai should retire from Union business and leave that up to Frankenstein and RK. Rai's finished his business with the traitor Clan Leaders, made peace with the new Lord, and finished his business with Muzaka and Muzaka himself finished with the werewolves. The Union is now a human conflict.

Advance Spoilers
        Spoiler
        However with the new advance spoilers, I can see Muzaka sacrificing his own life energy to give to Rai.

Comment

Good point about how now it is just humans messing w/ humans, no longer something for Nobles to concern themselves w/ (once the WWolves are dealt w/). But Noblesse remains involved if his “clan” is involved (kids, ModHum, etc). Does this mean a kidnap arc will follow next?!? (In order to find reason to involve Rai.)

Comment

Isn't Dr. Aris still out there somewhere?

Perhaps the Union will make her an Elder, now that there are so few of them left. I wonder if she has some side effects left from the strawberry pill.

Comment

I can't believe I never made the connection that the Bloster clan were the cupids. Now their soul weapon name (Amore) makes so much sense.

I don't know what direction the authors are going with Muzaka still wanting to destroy humans. I mean at the very least the authors aren't copping out with such a huge 1v1 showdown between Rai and Muzaka, but Muzaka's reasoning is horrible and at worst could still be applied to the remaining werewolves. By his own reasonings, he should as well destroy both.

Comment

Trying to think of a crazy way to understand Muzaka...

How long has Muzaka been awake? From his perspective, it seems like Ashleen was just killed. His emotions are still raw. No surprise that a WWolf would feel angry & want to act out by killing all those perceived as enemies. He also feels betrayed by best buddy forever ♥️ Rai for not having his back on this. After all, Muzakaís human (Ashleen) is far more important than other humans (who are all guilty of being complicit in Ashleenís murder, from Mís point of view). How can Rai possibly defend those killers?!? After all, Muzaka is only seeking justice for Ashleen, (although it is just waaaaaay overblown vigilante style kill everyone who even breathed the same air or ever existed on the same planet as the killers, regardless of how many generations might separate them over time....). Still, Justice must be served, even if it means losing his best buddy forever 💔.

Speculation/ possible spoiler if it turns out to be anywhere close to the truth...
                If only there was something left behind by Ashleen (insert sounds of heartbeat) that could somehow trigger a cathartic release of anger and convert it into a more positive, protective type feeling... like fatherly caretaker type feelings... (insert scene of Muzaka messing up M-21ís hair & taking the reluctant young pup under his wing)...

Comment

Perhaps we may be reading Muzaka wrong.
                  Up until now Rai seems to have resigned himself to passing quietly into eternal sleep, now that the crisis is over and "The Noblesse" seems to to no longer be needed. Muzaka just gave him good reason to continue living; and maybe even forced his hand to try something drastic, even un-Noblesse-like to gain enough strength to defeat a previous WW Lord.

Could Muzaka be trying to force Rai to use a blood stone to restore his life force?

Edit: Why are they writing Muzaka that way? (whiny voice)
                  I'm starting to think Noblesse will not have a happy ending.
                  Last edited by SevenSeven; 10-12-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Well the official last chapter has been released in English. There'll be an epilogue next week but I guess we'll have to see how well that'll turn out. It's been a long ride.

Comment

I was surprised that the ending came so quickly. Crombel didn’t have nearly enough time in the spotlight as #1 top dog villain. I am truly sad to see Noblesse come to an end since it has been a part of my life for so many years now. I thought the ending was elegant.

Edit: even though I never play games, I still downloaded Noblesse M yesterday.
                      Last edited by d1r31; 01-02-2019, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Not sure if I like the epilogue or not. Im happy they are alive but still after all the hinting that they would die hm
                        I have to admit that im sad that it's over. Reading it for so many years and getting to know loads of great people thanks to it made me really happy.
                        Kuro
                        Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

The epilogue seems to hint at new mysteries. If Rai was truly alive & okay, then why didnít the kids remember him (at first)? Why was Franken so concerned about finding out what happened to Rai? I wonder if those glimmering globs of blood scattered throughout the atmosphere are whatís left of Rai ... and every once in a while his consciousness coalesces & shows up at school.

Comment

In hindsight, after everything that happened, killing off Raskreia, Kaye, and Rozaria would have been too random and abrupt for the author. I truly believed Rai and Muzaka would have died though, which made us think the first three actually died (along with the post-respect kneeling from the Lukedonian Clan Leaders).

I think Rai did die and then some sort of weird shenanigan happenings related to the children brought him back (his soul particles rubbed off on them and brought him back just long enough to finish their school life???). Franky left the school before Rai came back so he doesn't know and is trying to investigate how Rai died or something; Franky doesn't feel Rai's return because their contract "technically" severed and presumably wasn't renewed.

I'll be honest from the very first 150 chapters when I started following, I anticipated Rai would die at the end, and I wanted him to die simply for the narrative's sake. If we roll with the idea that "his soul rubbed off the children", I think it would have worked if the Author spent all the children' screentime with Rai bonding with them one by one with some sort of subtle visual effects indicating he completed a bond with them (maybe the same red particles or some sort of panel woosh). This would both flesh out the children and validate them stealing plot screentime as a huge foreshadowing, instead of what we have which was their screentime amounted to nothing but Rai's human friends.

Comment

Having everyone come back in a classic Am. Soap Opera "and they all woke up under the shower" was almost more disappointing than the abrupt last episode. I wanted to have a full 5 page spread of Frankenstein letting loose and raging when he felt Rai die. I was robbed, man.

That being said, I have to give the hats off to the authors for doing so much with the story over so many years, and seeing it through to the end as they originally planned, rather than getting sick of it and just giving up. (I'm looking at you, Breaker: New Waves) I wished for a better ending, but I was very happy with the journey to get there anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                              X