Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Twelve Nights / Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem! Indeed, it is cruel. But that seems to be the point of the story, at least, that's what I got from the author talking about how it wasn't fair that the characters in the original story had a happy ending. Well, he fell in love with her due to her treatment of that random creeper guy. From that scene you could garner that she was intelligent, fearless/courageous, confident, elegant, sophisticated, had a sharp tongue, didn't take any shit and moreover wouldn't stand by and watch others get harassed. And the fact that a "woman" was like this made all of that even more remarkable in a historical piece such as this. That said, love at first sight does exist -- though it's a bit of a tricky thing to do in fiction. Obviously, the person feeling it knows it to be true, but since it seems to come about for no reason, it's a bit hard to believe it. And many would think it's merely infatuation, lust, etc because, well, frankly, it always seems to be love for a really attractive person. Maybe if more people fell in love with first sight with plain looking people? But, I also think if a person hasn't experienced it they're also less likely to believe it. That said, in this case, he actually does have a decent enough basis for his affections.

Yeah, that's the worst part, for me. She's so hooked on this memory that she both allows herself to be treated like dirt and furthermore doesn't even recognize the ASTOUNDING SIMILARITIES BETWEEN HONG AND THE BOY FROM HER CHILDHOOD!! Like you said, EXACT replicas of scenes and she still doesn't get it. OTL And even more, it makes her "love" for the boy seem to be, again, being in love with the IDEA of him rather than him. When someone showing his EXACT SAME CHARACTERISTICS shows up, it doesn't affect her at all. But when she meets "him", it doesn't matter how he acts, because it's "him".

The thing is, funnily enough, that I really don't think her story fits in with "fate" -- it's more like mistaken fate. Well, I know that she sees it as such, though.

Comment

I forgot to mention, but... while I generally like the artstyle, THE LIPS IN THIS SERIES DRIVE ME INSANE. OH GOD. I just want to save all the pages and edit their derpy lips.

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for translating this wonderful webtoon (( twelve nights))...

and thanks for your hard works everyone ^w^
        Last edited by *shadow*; 07-27-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

we are working on it ^^ this projects needs a cleaner to help speed things up~
          i cant really tell you when but i hope ill get to it soon ;-; patience is the key word~
          your crazy cleaner~
          the project finisher!

Goals for this year-
          1)Finish Amatsuki 137/154
          2)Finish Embalming 38/58

Help make it come true! ^^

Comment

ummmm, can I be the cleaner , please ? I am good with photoshops :)
            Last edited by *shadow*; 07-27-2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

take the cleaning test and if you pass- sure ^^
              your crazy cleaner~
              the project finisher!

Goals for this year-
              1)Finish Amatsuki 137/154
              2)Finish Embalming 38/58

Help make it come true! ^^

Comment

Sure , then I'll start right away :3
                thank you
                Last edited by *shadow*; 07-27-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Catching up on my EGS and just read chap 10. Heartbreaking. A kick in the privates, just like the real world. I don't know what I'd do if my sibling would kill me w/o a second thought to save their own lives. So painful. And beautifully done.

Thanks a million for Tslatg
                  High class, mediocre, riff-raff...

Comment

Hello, i cant seem to access it on the online reader. Previous chapters that is. Thanks!

Comment

All previous chapters have been taken down from our reader for a reason that will be disclosed soon. They are still available on our IRC, or you can read them on Batoto.
                      [CENTER][SIZE=2][RIGHT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][I]あの日交わした約束の空は色褪せない
                      [/I][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][I]The sky under which we shared a promise that day will never fade away[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/RIGHT]
                      [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

Dear Easy Going Scans, I always admired your work by the art and designing the story. Please continue this series.
                        ~Promise??~

Comment

The series was dropped due to Rolling Story licensing the series for English publication. Unfortunately due to that, there is no chance that we will be picking up this series again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mikaiah View Post
                            The series was dropped due to Rolling Story licensing the series for English publication. Unfortunately due to that, there is no chance that we will be picking up this series again.
                            That's really sad :( I've always liked your translations the best.

...And rolling story turned out to be a no-show

Comment

Working...
                            X