Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Ichi / Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ichi / Discussion

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ichi_v1_cover.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	600312
    Title:
    Ichi
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Historical, Seinen
    Reading order: Right to left
    Author: 子母澤寛 (Shimozawa Kan)
    Artist: 子母澤寛 (Shimozawa Kan)
    Status in Country of Origin: 7 volumes (Finished)
    Summary: Ichi is a lone goze (blind woman singer) who has become separated from her traveling entertainment troupe. Wondering how she will find her place in life, she carries only a shamisen (a traditional Japanese stringed instrument) and a walking stick with a hidden blade inside. When necessary, she uses her exceptional sword skills to fight off yakuza and other villains.

Last edited by Claudia; 12-06-2012, 08:05 AM.
    :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

The first chapter was very interesting, I'm looking forward to see how the story develops.
    But dang, an installment is really 2 chapters for the first 2... Hope it won't be like that in later volumes, because it's hard. It's like someone dangling a chocolate in front of you, then snatching it back at the last minute : (

So... looking forward to next chapter xD

Comment

wow read the 2nd chappie!
      cant wait for the next one

Comment

You, Jam, have the best timing

I thought there was something up after some time he showed up at the doujo. And I was right!

Can't help it, it's an occupational hazard

Comment

Aren't goze and geishas just about the same thing?

Comment

no no no no no
            lol

Goze - blind musician woman

Geisha - hostess
            http://rynkadraws.deviantart.com/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/RynkaDraws

Comment

Wow.

I randomly picked up this series because the cover on the release page intrigued me when I visited EG Scans for another series. I've only read through chapter 4, and I quite like the story so far, but I just had to come here to say -

Thank you for doing such an excellent job with the scanslation! The translation flows well, the editing is very neat, and the translation/history notes are invaluable (they really help set the context)! Thank you for making this manga so accessible and enjoyable to a foreign audience. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Tressflin View Post
                Wow.

I randomly picked up this series because the cover on the release page intrigued me when I visited EG Scans for another series. I've only read through chapter 4, and I quite like the story so far, but I just had to come here to say -

Thank you for doing such an excellent job with the scanslation! The translation flows well, the editing is very neat, and the translation/history notes are invaluable (they really help set the context)! Thank you for making this manga so accessible and enjoyable to a foreign audience. Keep up the good work!
                Thank you very much Tressflin! I am really pleased that you comment on my notes~~ I put a lot of care into those so it's good to know they are actually deemed interesting by readers!

Comment

*read chapter 13*

it doesn't make sense... why would the Mangaka have Okita do his famous move, the 3 successive Hiratsuke ( a thrust technique used by the Shinsengumi, they call it 'gatotsou' in Rurouni Kenshin), when he hadn't mastered that technique? a swordsman who hasn't perfected a single skill would not repeat it for 2 successive times in a real fight, especially when the second one fails as well... the Hiratsuke's puts the performer at a great disadvantage, so only those with very exceptional speed and accuracy may use it. Okita was a man of great speed and accuracy. he was also a skilled swordsman. so, if he hadn't mastered the skill, he wouldn't repeat it in a real fight. if he had mastered it, he wouldn't miss (as in the third hit). could it be that Okita is already suffering form his historically known tuberculous, and he's just being angry and childish about not being able to slay the man? well, either that or this fight was poorly designed... I was hoping for something more professional

anyways this still is a pretty good manga ^ ^. thanks for everyone who participated in this project.
                  Russia Sushi~ Russia Suchi yo~ it is delicious, and it's cheap too! come eat in our shop! I'm talking to you, ofukayo-san~ welcome. fighting is not good; fighting is bad. damei damei yo~

Comment

did you guys know that funimation made a movie off of this O:
                    "on a quest to find the man who raised her as a child, a blind swordswoman saves a samurai's life, which lands her in the middle of a violent feud."

has just toma in it too, although I sill need to watch it

Comment

Wow, the new chapter (22) was just like "Ichi, like a boss with no match on earth, no in universe!"

I love Ichi so much... anyway, I have to watch the film, too
                      Spoiler
                      sigpic

Comment

I love this series so much
                        Spoiler

The first thing that isn't true is the second part of this sentence.

Comment

haha yeah, this series really is good...
                          Spoiler

Ombra

This Bunny is his and That Cub is mine!

I am white, fluffy and cute, so sweet and a dear, loyal and can't be alone, independent and a tease!
                          ~Queen of the white cute Rabbits~

-click-

Comment

I can't believe it ended ;-;
                            I've always known this moment would eventually come but... I wish there was more of Ichi

It was an awesome manga
                            Spoiler
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X