Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Verdant Lord / Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verdant Lord / Discussion

Title: Verdant Lord
    Genre: Mecha, Sci-fi, Seinen
    Reading order: Right to left
    Author: TAKASHIGE Hiroshi
    Artist: SOGA Atsushi
    Status in Country of Origin: 9 Volumes - Complete
    Summary: Set in the near future where Mother Nature has decided to fight back against all of the human encroachment.
    It has your standard apocalyptic scenario, but we're right in the middle of the apocalypse actually happening, rather than the aftermath. Vines and foliage entangle cities, as large wooden mech-like creatures called Arethusa (named after one of the mythical Greek Hesperides that tended the gardens in a remote corner of the world) rampage through cities.
    Our main character is Souma Shin, a punk kid out of Japan. We start off with him coming to visit his twin (?) brother Ken. All hell breaks loose as Shin finds a group of small kids being used for military purposes, and tries to save them in the confusion created by an Arethusa invading the compound.

Last edited by mangafan; 08-30-2014, 11:23 PM.
    signatures...

I think this has the potential to become popular series, if the rest of the chapters where realesed

Comment

This along with The Breaker and ID are the best mangas I have ever read.

Comment

oh hm how it is the artwork?
        i might pick this up also
        need new stuff to read beside my 200+ titles i have already

Comment

I hate to be a putz, but may I ask why the translation of the series was put on Hiatus?

Comment

Originally posted by LunaraGK View Post
            I hate to be a putz, but may I ask why the translation of the series was put on Hiatus?
            If I remember it correctly, I think it is mentioned on EGS homepage (on left side in hiatus list) that it lacks a translator ^^

Comment

Working...
            X