Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Young Gun Carnaval / Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Gun Carnaval / Discussion

Click image for larger version

Name:	younggun_cover.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	600219
    Title: Young Gun Carnaval
    Genre: Action, Drama, School Life, Seinen
    Reading order: Right to left
    Author: FUKAMI Makoto
    Artist: SATOU Yuuko
    Status in Country of Origin: 5 Volumes (Ongoing)
    Description: High school student Jinpachi Kogure is a member of the manga club and is no good with women. Yumika Testuyoshi is a troubled female high school student who's always skipping school and searching for a girl she doesn't hate. However, these two are in reality young masters of the art of killing people: "Young Guns"

:ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

Teras posted it in the front page. I, myself, have yet to read it.

What do YOU think, Claudia?

Comment

Just a little quibble. First chapter, the gun that Jinpachi uses is an M 14, not M 17
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_14_Enhanced_Battle_Rifle

I
      n case it is mentioned later, the gun used by Yumika is the MP 7
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP7

O
      therwise, great work.

http://egscans.com/forum/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Oh who cares about the technicalities of each gun? Pull the trigger and someone dies.

Comment

Ibizen Thoth, I am the tl on the project. You are quite right, I just rechecked the raw and it is also recorded as an M14 there, I transcribed that incorrectly. I apologize for the error. It will be corrected.
          I hope you enjoy future releases, there should be no more technical errors... I hope.
          Last edited by tallrice; 08-26-2011, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killerkrill View Post
            Oh who cares about the technicalities of each gun? Pull the trigger and someone dies.
            True for the most part, but if I can do anything to improve the scan's quality with additional input, I would like to think that I would try. It's a good way to put my useless knowledge of firearms to use.

http://egscans.com/forum/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

wow this manwha rocks ! it's fast and the action is great !! thanks for this work ^^

Comment

Just for people who were following this series and interested in the background, the manga is a serialization that covered the first 2 novels by Kukami Makoto. There are 11 volumes of the novels and, due to their success, other than the manga, a set of 4 drama CDs was also made. No plans for an anime that I have heard of though.

As you can imagine, the story will cover a lot of the points we didn't here too much about, Byoudouin Shuuichi's story, more young guns, the phoenix syndicate and after a certain point, the plot actually takes them international. In fact, the novels actually end in Russia, not in Japan.

I haven't read the novels, just given them a brief glance... So I can't actually give any details... But I do hope that someone considers translating them at some point, since they are really an amazing piece of work. I suppose we will see what happens.

Comment

Two out of eleven...? I so love this series too. There's always hope for novel translations, I guess. I hate when stories don't get finished properly, still drives me nuts the way denpa teki na kanojo was left - they did two out of three parts and just left it.
                  If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.
                  --Maya Angelou

Comment

Hopefully an anime in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X