Announcement

Collapse

EGScans Logo Contest

EGS’s logo contest is currently in progress! Click for details.
See more
See less

Proofreaders [OPEN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I'm interested in helping out, but before I commit myself, I just want to know- What's the approximate work load that this would be?

Comment

ophelia72 = the workload you manage it ~ You can only have 1 project or you can have 3 to proofread its your call.

Last edited by Lyon; 02-19-2015, 11:31 PM.
      :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

Comment

I will be unavailable during exam weeks. (Some semester exams in January and other exams in May. Busy for 2 weeks in both months)
        I can give advance notice. Can I still apply?
        "this world is made out of sugar.
        It can crumble so easily but don't be afraid to stick your tongue out
        and taste it." - from poet Sarah Kay

Comment

Originally posted by Starberry View Post
          I will be unavailable during exam weeks. (Some semester exams in January and other exams in May. Busy for 2 weeks in both months)
          I can give advance notice. Can I still apply?
          You can . You are not the only person to have exams ^^

As long as you notify us when you are going be absent for a certain period of time, all is good .
          Last edited by Claudia; 11-28-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hey I use Hotmail so when you say easygoingscans[at]gmail.com do you mean easygoingscans@gmail.com?
            Last edited by R; 11-29-2011, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by klissa2347 View Post
              Hey I use Hotmail so when you say easygoingscans[at]gmail.com do you mean easygoingscans@gmail.com?
              Yes..

Comment

How long would a script be?

Comment

jlcrystal: Scripts vary in length from a few hundred to several thousand words, depending on the chapter. The test chapter is of decent length, so be prepared to put some time into it if you plan on applying. :)
                  We're forced to bed,
                  But we're free to dream.

Comment

I'm not allowed to use the unpack software. Is it possible for someone for someone to send me the unpacked documents.

Comment

jlcrystal: we deal with archive files (.rar) on a daily basis. If you're unable to manage them, then it would be very difficult for you to become a team member.
                      We're forced to bed,
                      But we're free to dream.

Comment

I applied! (Just letting you know.) I've been thinking about it for a while, but I was very busy. I was also thinking about whether or not I was responsible enough for this. But, I've decided, I would like to help out the team (if they accept my services.)
                        Oh, and I downloaded UnrarX for my Mac. It works really well!
                        "this world is made out of sugar.
                        It can crumble so easily but don't be afraid to stick your tongue out
                        and taste it." - from poet Sarah Kay

Comment

Are you able to send in another application if you already failed one?

Comment

Originally posted by jlcrystal View Post
                            this is a really good question. i've not seen it asked and now that has been, im wondering the same thing......

Santa dropped something on his way past you guys. Take your time ;) life isnt made for rushing
                            Last edited by Destiny; 02-19-2012, 04:39 PM. Reason: double posting~<3

Comment

Originally posted by jlcrystal View Post
                              Yes you can send a second application if you have failed before ~ But only when you have improved... and that does not happen within days. It's not like you read a manual or a guide and get better in proofing.

You need to study english and maybe after several months or years when you have become better you will be able to re-apply.

Although for the moment guys ~ we kinda have what we need for this position. This position is kinda closed UNLESS... some of the current proofers we have accepted and they are still trial do not make it to full members.

If that happens I will post here. For the moment dont send anymore applications though :)
                              Last edited by Claudia; 02-19-2012, 10:40 AM.
                              :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

Comment

Hi, is there any other way to get the application form, since I only have an iPhone for the moment??

Comment

Working...
                                X