Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [REQUEST] Enchanter

[REQUEST] Enchanter

I would like to request enchanter as a potential project, it has been roughly 4 years since muda scantrad dropped this project but it is such a great Manga that I had to bring it up. After finishing the 45 chapters I knew I needed more so I decided to post this.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1180

Its licenced in eng
    You just noticed? You're slow...

finished!!!!!!

Spoiler
    Attack/////Piano no Mori//////Dendrobates//////
    In full bloom//////Chaos attack//////Looking for a father//////
    Shigatshu-coda//////Tenohira//////Zerozaki//////shigastu//////once again //////Trump (season 1)//////like a bird//////12 angel//////Omg
    Pochi Kuro

EG staff
    The Divine
    yeah but it says 10 vols and dropped?
    need more info on that o.0

it sounds nice- need to check the chapters that are out~
    we would also needs raws of course~
    your crazy cleaner~
    the project finisher!

Goals for this year-
    1)Finish Amatsuki 137/154
    2)Finish Embalming 38/58

Help make it come true! ^^

I have the remaining RAWS if that helps. Also even though it was licensed, the last time Digital Manga ever released a volume in English was in 2009. Not sure if that is considered dropped but it sure looks like it.
    Last edited by spicycurrysauce; 08-07-2015 at 09:27 AM.

EG staff
    The Divine
    do they have a website or any info you can link us to, that will tell us more about it?
    your crazy cleaner~
    the project finisher!

Goals for this year-
    1)Finish Amatsuki 137/154
    2)Finish Embalming 38/58

Help make it come true! ^^

Well I don't know if these will help but these are the links to the enchanter volumes on the licensed site.

http://www.digitalmanga.com/books/?author=454

http://www.dmpbooks.com/books/?keyword=Enchanter

If you went to the links then you can tell that the publishers most likely cancelled the Manga for one reason or the other and only sell the ones that have been completed. I would also like to point out that if you guys do decide to, you would start from volume 12 since Muda Scantrad did volume 11. I personally don't think that scanlating a volume that hasn't been officially released with the known fact that it will never ever be released will pose issues.
    Last edited by spicycurrysauce; 08-07-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Retired EGS Honorable member High Poster <3 mangafan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell View Post
    do they have a website or any info you can link us to, that will tell us more about it?
    From what I've been able to find from DMP staff filtering through scanlating sites and ANN, they've postponed Enchanter indefinitely, but not completely thrown away the idea of finishing it. At least from this interaction with another scanlating team that was working on a series DMP licensed, they don't seem to have a problem with allowing scanlators to continue without harassment as long as the team includes a page encouraging readers to buy the official English volumes.

From what I can tell from the links, it is just as you have mentioned. The postponement period was not specific for Enchanter. In fact, it was the only one on the ANN link that wasn't. That leaves me to believe that sales weren't that high (probably one of the reason why DMP mentioned to the scanlation team to at least put a page to encourage their sales) which I find surprising given how good it is.

If what DMP says regarding scanlations of their licenses is true, then I would consider that a reason to pick it up. I still believe that new official releases will not be released considering how long it has been but this potential project is what I consider low risk, higher reward: Nothing is lost and it can serve as a way for more people to know about Enchanter and quite possibly buy it themselves.

Of course at the end of the day it is you guys' decision and there's nothing I myself can do but address this and believe it is possible. Now the question is what decision have you all come with, if at all?

So, it's been a couple of days and I was just wondering if there was ever a decision to pick this Manga up. Whether it is a Yes or a No at least provide an answer :(

Retired EGS Honorable member High Poster <3 mangafan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spicycurrysauce View Post
    So, it's been a couple of days and I was just wondering if there was ever a decision to pick this Manga up. Whether it is a Yes or a No at least provide an answer :(
    Hi spicycurrysauce; sorry about the wait.

All staff on the team work multiple projects, and in order to pick up another one, there has to be a staff member for every position willing to commit to taking on another project. Getting a team together for a project takes a little while, and admins have to make sure that the team is interested enough to devote themselves to the project for the long-run.

Sorry if that's a little unsatisfactory of an answer, but it does take time. If you feel like the team has forgotten about it, it'll help to bump the thread like this to bring it back to attention, but really the only thing that remains now is to wait.

Again, I apologize for the wait