Thread: [Request] One Outs

[Request] One Outs

One Outs
    https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24507

Synopsis: Kojima Hiromichi is the ace batter of the Lycaons - a notoriously weak baseball team that is often ranked at the bottom of the league. Determined to lead the team to victory prior to his retirement, Kojima takes a trip to a training camp in Okinawa, hoping to discover what factors the Lycaons lack.Here, he happens upon a game dubbed "One Outs" - a gambling derivative of baseball - and is soundly defeated by a blond pitcher named Tokuchi Toua, who is claimed to have never allowed a hit in any of the 499 games he's played.

Kojima realizes that he has found the 'missing factor' and makes a wager with Tokuchi. Little does anyone know that the outcome of this gamble will dictate the fates of the Lycaons and all those connected to the team.

My name is Eric Welch and i am a huge fan of this manga. I have searched for days across online forums and no group currently has any plans to fill the gap in One Outs. It is currently in need of translation for chapters 33 to 53 and 63 to 81. I believe that this story is a gem and I would love to see it get a complete English release. I do not currently own the Japanese Raws but i am prepared to purchase them. We would need volumes 4 to 10 and they currently retail for 70 dollars on amazon for the whole set. I can buy them and ship them straight to you. If that is not enough i am prepared to buy them, dis-assemble them, scan them in(I own a scanner), and clean the Japanese text off of them for you. After that you would only need the translation and then to typeset the English into the bubbles. I have attached an example to back up my claim that i can clean the pages.(the original page was screen caped from mangarock.com but i cleaned off the English to prove my point). I am VERY passionate about seeing this manga get a full English release and i will help in any way i can to make that happen.(i wish i could offer money, but as a broke college kid, i am very poor). I beg you to consider this request and I thank you for your time and consideration.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One Outs(uncleaned test page).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	16446   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	One Outs(cleaned test page).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	16447  

This is one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE animes!! I didn't know that some chapters of the manga were missing in between. Would love picking this up and I can obviously typeset (as well as clean it) if someone translates and PRs it
    Typesetter~
    Projects
    -Dear only you don't know
    -Saigo no Restaurant
    -Embalming
    -Aruosumente
    Cleaner?
    -Acma

That gives me hope and makes me very excited.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    I'd do this as PR.
    If you see this person, please tell him to stop fooling around and to get back to work.
    Thank you, The Management

I don't mean to bother you but does this mean we only need a translator now or does it also require official approval?(i am very new to the process of manga scanulation and i don't really understand how this works. I mean, i understand the jobs, just not the proper channels it has to go threw to make it happen.) I also want to say thank you for offering to PR.

Right so i have talked to some staff and they have agreed to doing this project. However the problem is that we are currently extremely short staffed and our current goal is to finish our ongoing projects. It will only be possible to pick up new projects in late 2019 since our work is too much right now. What you can do to speed up the process is apply for one of our positions if you want (we're in desperate need of typesetters). If you cannot wait until 2019 I'd suggest requesting some other group
    Last edited by Mary; 09-11-2018 at 07:40 PM.
    Typesetter~
    Projects
    -Saigo no Restaurant
    -Embalming
    -Aruosumente
    Cleaner?
    -Acma

So i want to thank you and all of the EGS staff for agreeing to do my project. i completely understand that you guys are overworked and wont be taking on new projects til late 2019. In all honesty, i would love to join your group and i am confident i could be useful for most positions, except translator, but time is my major issue. I am currently in college to be a video game designer, i do martial arts, i work at a sub shop, and i am a comic artist. I might try to lend my support over Christmas break or during summer vacation, if you guys need temp positions. Thank you again for your prompt response and i will check around with other groups to see if any one else has an opening to take on the project. I will update you if someone else agrees and if not i am content to wait until you guys have some more time on your hands. I wish you guys luck on all of the projects you're working on.

That's okay! Real life comes first. We're always open for positions so it would be appreciated to get some help whenever. As a fan of this manga I would be glad even if another group picks it up. Please do update us though if that happens^^
    Typesetter~
    Projects
    -Saigo no Restaurant
    -Embalming
    -Aruosumente
    Cleaner?
    -Acma

Update: So after going to about 40 to 50 other scanulation websites, i have found nothing. The groups are all active but they either A) have no way to suggest manga scanulation to them, B) refuse to take suggestions, or C) have a project backlog that is immense so new suggestions are not likely to get seen. I also have to say after going to so many different places, this place is put together pretty dam well. I hate to do this but does anyone happen to know any reliable scanulation groups taking on new projects? If not i will wait until you guys have more time one your hands(like you said previously late 2019). I do wish to make this suggestion, would it be a good idea for me to start doing some of the leg work for you guys while I wait? I am confident that i can buy the manga chapters for one outs, cut them out of the book, scan them into my computer, and then clean the raws. This would give you guys both the Japanese raws and clean pages to typeset onto. If you agree, i would only need to know how you guys want the files formatted. That way when you guys get the time, it can run very quickly.

Sure, I will PR this if everyone else wants it. Don't expect me to work too fast if you pick it though, I'm literally doing 17 (maybe 18) of our 21 projects right now.