Thread: Antivirus False Detection Notice (Feed and Forum)

Furby

Antivirus False Detection Notice (Feed and Forum)

Hey folks, great job and all, but within the last hour or so a problem started popping up in your feed where AVAST! Will mark it as a malicious URL. It also blocks a script on your forum as being malicious. Furthermore, GMAIL believes your activation email may be a phishing attempt. Since this started very recently (As I said, within the last few hours), I'm thinking you must have done something to the settings to make all this happen. Just figured I'd let you know.

Furby
    Well, now it's starting to happen for smilie 21 on the forums. This... is rather annoying. I would rather be using your feed than refreshing, for one.

Retired EGS Honorable member Claudia's Avatar
    Ehm ~ I have no clue what you talking about ~

But I will poke our sys admin to look over this !

Thank you for your feedback :)

:ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

Furby
    Ah, I should provide some pictures to help, though I'm not sure how much they will, since they provide so little information (Unfortunately, I cannot get Avast! to tell me anything more than thishis started randomly last night, at little after the post "About Noblesse~" From the feed. EDIT: One more.
    Last edited by Claudia; 07-13-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: untrustworthy pic spam

I dont think this is a problem of ours.Other people have avast and this never showed up.To be honest i dont see anything we can do about it sorry.If another admin finds out anything he will post it here.
    Yay signature!!

(i was never good with signatures :/)

Nyaa
    Hopefully it's a false positive.

Quote Originally Posted by NyaTaku View Post
    Hopefully it's a false positive.
    It is false positive there is no question about it.There are no viruses in our forum and website.
    Yay signature!!

(i was never good with signatures :/)

Furby
    Oh, I don't doubt it's a false positive, since it showed up randomly and of course there is no problem on your end. Sometimes an update occurs that does something weird that the sysadmins don't know about. Hrm... Well, I'll see if I can do something about it. Or I'll just use Firefox's live bookmarks, since those are apparently fine. It is weird that it's just egscans, though. Thanks.

Retired EGS Honorable member Claudia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furby View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt it's a false positive, since it showed up randomly and of course there is no problem on your end. Sometimes an update occurs that does something weird that the sysadmins don't know about. Hrm... Well, I'll see if I can do something about it. Or I'll just use Firefox's live bookmarks, since those are apparently fine. It is weird that it's just egscans, though. Thanks.
    What I find more weird it that it only appears in you Furby.

Question answered ~ Topic closed
    :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes