Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writer [SevenSeven] 1st place

Super Moderator

Writer [SevenSeven] 1st place

Pen name: SevenSeven
    Story Title: Hide And Seak

820 years ago:

Frankenstein had spent the entire day cleaning out the temple. He took some broken statues, burned out torches and faded tapestries with butterfly patterns woven into them, and piled everything in a heap outside of the temple. He then sent a message to the trash collectors to come and clear away the trash heap next to the temple door. That evening, Frankenstein’s master returned home from visiting the human village on the east side of Lukedonia Island. Frankenstein’s master took his place in an arm chair as Frankenstein poured warm milk into a china cup. “How was your visit to the human village, Master?” asked Frankenstein. His master casually took a sip of his milk before answering, “The human children taught me a new game. It was a lot of fun, would you like to learn how to play it?” Frankenstein wasn’t really interested in playing children’s games, but for his master’s entertainment, he was willing to make any sacrifice. Frankenstein replied, “Of course Master; how do we play?” Cadis Etrama Di Raizel set down his cup and stood to face Frankenstein, “You close your eyes and count to 100, slowly. While you count, I will go and hide myself. When you have finished counting you search for me.” Frankenstein nodded, “That sounds simple enough. Okay, Master, I will start counting.” Frankenstein closed his eyes, “…1...2...3.…”

As Frankenstein counted, his master began to run around the mansion looking for a place to hide. He thought about the basement, ”No, it’s too creepy down there”. He leaped up onto the roof; “No, this is no good, Frankenstein will be sure to look here“. While he was standing on the roof he noticed that the full moon was rising. The moon made him think of the hibernating chamber inside of the temple, with his sacred place, which could only be opened on the night of the full moon. “I know, I’ll hide in the temple.” he hurried to the temple and when he arrived there he noticed the pile of rubble that Frankenstein had left for the trash collectors. Cadis Etrama Di Raizel suddenly had an idea. He opened the temple and brought out his sacred place, which was a beautiful white sarcophagus embellished with a gold cross; and hid it among the rubble, covering it with some old butterfly tapestries. Using his telekinetic ability Cadis Etrama Di Raizel levitated the lid of the sarcophagus and the tapestries covering it. He then climbed inside the sarcophagus and gently lowered the lid. While he was waiting for Frankenstein to find him, he got bored and fell asleep.

When Frankenstein finished counting, he went to search for his master. He looked everywhere he could think of. “Okay, he isn’t in the basement, or the kitchen, and he isn’t on the roof….. Oh, there’s a full moon, I’ll check the temple.” When Frankenstein arrived at the temple, he eyed the heap of rubble and thought “Master would never hide there, it’s much too dirty”. Frankenstein searched all night, but he couldn’t find his master. At sunrise Frankenstein called out, “Okay, Master, I give up, you win…..Please come out now, Master!” Cadis Etrama Di Raizel was sleeping so soundly that he couldn’t hear Frankenstein calling to him. After a few hours of calling for his Master, Frankenstein realized that it was time to make breakfast. He thought “Master will come out of hiding when he smells the food cooking.” So Frankenstein returned to the mansion to begin preparing his master’s breakfast.

While Frankenstein was making breakfast, the trash collectors came and hauled away the heap of garbage that was left next to the temple. One of the trash collectors carefully inspected the butterfly tapestries and the sarcophagus, “Aristocrats always throw out the most interesting things. We will get a lot of money for these things in the human world.” One of the other trash collectors nodded in agreement, “ Humans are crazy, they’ll buy anything.“ The trash collectors hauled all of the items in the trash heap down to the ship yard where it was loaded onto a barge and taken away from the island.

When Cadis Etrama Di Raizel didn’t show up for breakfast, Frankenstein became frantic. He alerted Central Order that his master was missing. The Mergas clan and Central Order launched a massive man hunt, and searched the entire island for Cadis Etrama Di Raizel. Little did they know that he was on a salvage barge, headed toward the human world.

After days of searching, Franky began to suspect foul play. “Could someone have kidnapped Master?….but……How?” Franky even wondered if his master had some reason for disappearing, “Was the game just a ruse, to throw me off guard?”….”Why would Master want to hide himself?” On the night of the next full moon, Frankenstein checked the temple and discovered that his master’s sacred place was missing. Then Frankenstein thought back to the night of the game, “The only place that I didn’t look for Master was….THE TRASH HEAP!!”

Frankenstein questioned the trash collectors. They confirmed that the sarcophagus was in the pile of rubble that was taken form outside the temple. They said that they thought he had thrown it out intentionally. They hadn’t looked inside of it, because they assumed that it was empty. The trash collectors informed Frankenstein about which barge the items had been loaded onto. Frankenstein then questioned the dock workers to find out where the salvage ship was headed.

In the back of his mind, Frankenstein still suspected that there may have been some sort of foul play involved in his master’s disappearance. Even if his master had hidden in the trash heap on purpose, when the trash collectors had moved the sarcophagus, he should have woken up and prevented them form taking it. Frankenstein wondered, “Could someone have done something to the sarcophagus to prevent his master form waking up after he entered it?”

Frankenstein knew that he was not allowed to leave Lukedonia; but, he simply couldn’t sit there twiddling his thumbs under the watchful eyes of the Nobles while his master was being carted off to who knows where. Frankenstein secretly bought a sailing ship and hired a small crew. Before leaving under the cover of night, he paid a visit to his old rival, Gejutel. Even though they were not always on friendly terms, Frankenstein knew that the Landegre clan leader held his master in high esteem. Gejutel was the only person that Frankenstein could trust with the information of his departure.

Frankenstein set sail eastward across the Atlantic ocean. From the information that he gathered form the dock workers, he knew that the salvage ship would be docking at various ports in Europe and Africa that bordered on the Mediterranean Sea; this is where he would begin his search. Frankenstein followed the trail of the salvage ship from country to country along the coast of the Mediterranean, finally catching up with the vessel at a port on the northern coast of Egypt. Frankenstein met up with the captain at a nearby tavern and after a few jiggers of ale, the captain revealed that the sarcophagus had been sold to a merchant in Greece.

Frankenstein again set sail. A few days after arriving in Greece, he found the merchant who claimed to have sold the sarcophagus to another merchant form Rome. After much time and expense in following this lead, Frankenstein discovered that he had been sent on a wild goose chase. The only items that had been purchased by the Roman merchant were some statues with broken arms and two butterfly tapestries. Upon returning to Greece, Frankenstein learned that the merchant had left town, never to return. Frankenstein pursued the merchant across Europe and Asia, only to discover that the merchant had been killed by pirates. Undaunted, Frankenstein continued to travel throughout Europe and Asia, searching for anyone who knew the merchant, and may know what became of the sarcophagus. Frankenstein searched for many years and eventually everyone who knew of the merchant grew old and passed away.

Even though the task seemed hopeless, Frankenstein did not give up. He continued to travel to many countries and searched through library archives and old ship’s logs searching for any clue about where the sarcophagus could have been taken after it arrived in Greece. Years turned into decades and decades into centuries; still Frankenstein searched. On one of his travels, Frankenstein happened upon an old legend about a prince from the Goryeo Dynasty who traveled the world in search of priceless treasures. One of the many treasures that he acquired during his travels through Europe was an alabaster sarcophagus. Knowing from personal experience that many legends can contain small elements of truth, Frankenstein gathered his resources and traveled to the country of South Korea.

Frankenstein used his many recourses to settle in South Korea and made a name for himself as a businessman and as a scientist. While he searched for clues that could lead him to his master, he busied himself with various enterprises. One of the ventures he occupied himself with was a private school for elite students. One day while he was scanning the newspaper for clues, a student came into his office to inform him of the arrival of a new transfer student. Frankenstein searched through papers on his desk for information about transfer students as the new student walked into his office. Frankenstein looked up from his desk to speak to the transfer student and was shocked to see his long lost Master standing in front of him. Cadis Etrama Di Raizel walked toward Frankenstein’s desk and said, “Frankenstein, It’s been a while…….I WIN!”
    Last edited by SevenSeven; 10-17-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Retired EGS Honorable member High Poster <3 mangafan's Avatar
    77 you're a genius!! XD
    I love it

I was kinda confused at the point until the very end, and then I burst out laughing

Sorry, I was pointlessly getting worried about it. I thought the letter “a” had to be attached to the word “butterfly” when used as a sentence in the first two pararaphs. My apologies SevenSeven.

Thanks for correcting me Tallrice!
    Last edited by Erza; 10-23-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Senior Member Is Awesome tallrice's Avatar
    You are fine se7ense7en. You meet all the requirements and have a good word count (^_-)~*

No problem Erza, the feeling is appreciated. I removed the quotation marks from the guidelines... if anyone is still going to check them before the 28th (>_<)x*fingers crossed*
    Last edited by tallrice; 10-24-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Just read the story now.

That was very well done se7en se7en! A very funny prologue to the series!

SevenSeven Congratulations on tying for first place in the 2nd EGS writing contest!!

Your story will be included in the EGS Magazine, Winter issue!

Thank you for participating and sharing your great story with all of us!

Pocky
    Congratulations, 77! I'll be reading this one, too. Moreover, I'll read everyone's, I just need some timeˇˇ"
    Anyway, congrats!^^

lillia24
    congratz! I hope to read this someday soon!

Super Moderator
    Thanks Pocky and Lillia. Good Luck with NaNoWriMo!

Thanks to everyone who voted!

Senior Member Is Awesome Ibizen Thoth's Avatar
    Congratz on the win! I look forward to reading more of your work!