Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Guides: Table of Contents and Guide Requests

Senior Member Is Awesome tallrice's Avatar

All Guides: Table of Contents and Guide Requests

I am glad you found this part of the forum. If you are trying to figure out how to navigate the EGS forums or do something else EGS related, here is the place to come.

The Guide forum will be specifically trying to show how to use:
    -Navigation and participation series: Help for navigate the forums and get involved
    1 Forum layout
    2 Staff, coloured names, usergroups and participation
    3 Application, learning scanlation and joining the community

-BB Code series: 3 guides on one of the most useful tools for posting in forums
    1 Beginner's guide
    2 Quote boxes
    3 Spoiler boxes

-IRC Guide series: An introduction to Internet Relay Chat
    1 Basics of IRC
    2 Interface, nicknames, commands
    3 XDCC downloading

-How and where to buy manga/manhua series: How to support your favourite authors
    1 Noblesse
    2 Id

-Navigating webtoon sites series: How to find webtoons
    1 Naver
    2 Daum
    3 Paran
    4 How to register an account on Naver

-Other useful guides
    1 10 Easy Ways to get yourself banned: What not to do in the forums or homepage
    2 Table of Contents: How to create a table of contents to structure posts in a thread

If there is anything for which you need an explanation that you think others will benefit from, please use this thread to request new guides!

(I would also like to thank Stargaze3, Sevenseven, Xephia, Eminorel, mangafan, Claudia, dod, ibizen for all their help making and supporting the making of these guides)
    Last edited by tallrice; 06-24-2012 at 06:07 PM.

aikou

Naver/Daum/Paran Guide -Road To Appreciation-

Sometime ago, I happen to know about Korean webtoon that being stop translated into english,
    too bad, that's so sad... .

I also gain knowledge that:

Naver or any other webtoon site is making money from the publicity of the site itself gets as more and more people read the webtoons. People who read it in Korean websites can give view counts + star ratings + comments = SALARY for the actual webtoon artists. Those are 3 most important things Naver will look at when they give the webtoon writers their salary.
    Of course the best way of appreciation is to buy the manhwa when it release. But for whom I suppose in any way can't buy the book,we won't mind to click pages -even though we don't understand- or clicking advertisement if it's what it takes to help.

The problem is... we don't even know how to navigate their site.
    (My PC doesn't even acknowledge Korean, so it appears as boxes....)

I find this guide to register on Naver
    Still no guide to give rating and comment, or guide of Paran/Daum though.

Since we have considerably big manhwa fandom here,
    How about making Once and For All Step by Step Guide to Navigate & Appreciate Korean Webtoon Online -or something-, that way it will benefit both side, we -the reader- can express our gratitude to the author directly, and authors get money from the popularity, rating, comment, and so on.
    To spice things up a bit, the guide shall be include in monthly Easy Going Life maybe

God I want to thank them so badly!!
    Last edited by Claudia; 02-08-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: No links to other groups sorry

Retired EGS Honorable member Claudia's Avatar
    No ~ it will not be included in our magazine and please do not give links to other groups in our boards thank you.

(read our FAQ perhaps?) that particular group you linked to is a very lame one and very much disliked around here...

:ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

jacobmsq

A snapshot of each EGS department

Hello,

I am quite new to EGS, so I want to know if there's any guide or if anyone can write a guide that provides a snapshot of each EGS department from raw providers to QC so that new members can understand who's in charge of who and what, and in doing so, understand the hierarchy of this place (besides from learning from the honorifics below usernames)

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobmsq View Post
    Hello,

I am quite new to EGS, so I want to know if there's any guide or if anyone can write a guide that provides a snapshot of each EGS department from raw providers to QC so that new members can understand who's in charge of who and what, and in doing so, understand the hierarchy of this place (besides from learning from the honorifics below usernames)

Thank you.
    Hmm, that might be a good idea, I will try to draw something up for the guides section~

jacobmsq
    thanks tallrice ;)
    I look forward to reading your completed guides. Let me know if you need any assistance (and that's actually what i mean in my self-introduction post - helping admin and others in the forum).

Kica

Question

Hi, thanks for the guides, I have a request for a new one :P
    when I try to read some webtoon on naver that needs age verification for mature content, it appears what is in the image attached. I tried to log in but it take me back to that page. Can you show me the steps to the age verification? :) Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kica View Post
    Hi, thanks for the guides, I have a request for a new one :P
    when I try to read some webtoon on naver that needs age verification for mature content, it appears what is in the image attached. I tried to log in but it take me back to that page. Can you show me the steps to the age verification? :) Thanks in advance!
    Hi Kica!

Actually, this is the guide here. You have to register an account on Naver in order to remove the 19+ limitation. Fortunately, you do not have to be resident in korea to get an account, so you shouldn't have any trouble. However... the guide is incomplete, since you need a cell phone number (they send you a verification code by SMS). Apparently this can be a foreign mobile, but I don't have any cell phone, so I was not able to complete the process and the guide...

If you are able to get the confirmation, please send me a screen shot of the next screen in the registration process, and I will find someone to help me translate it! (Kurosmith helped me up to that point)

Hope that helps! And good luck!

Kica
    Quote Originally Posted by tallrice View Post
    Hi Kica!

Actually, this is the guide here. You have to register an account on Naver in order to remove the 19+ limitation. Fortunately, you do not have to be resident in korea to get an account, so you shouldn't have any trouble. However... the guide is incomplete, since you need a cell phone number (they send you a verification code by SMS). Apparently this can be a foreign mobile, but I don't have any cell phone, so I was not able to complete the process and the guide...

If you are able to get the confirmation, please send me a screen shot of the next screen in the registration process, and I will find someone to help me translate it! (Kurosmith helped me up to that point)

Hope that helps! And good luck!
    Hi tallrice, thanks for the answer, I already registered to Naver in the past so I can't make screen shots now :( sorry...the 19+ limitation appears when I try to read certain manhwas, even when I log in it can't still be read :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kica View Post
    Hi tallrice, thanks for the answer, I already registered to Naver in the past so I can't make screen shots now :( sorry...the 19+ limitation appears when I try to read certain manhwas, even when I log in it can't still be read :(
    Ah, if you're already registered, then that takes one step out of the way. You have to modify your account settings to say you want it to display... hmm, let's see if I can find someone who knows what to do here!