Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proofreaders [OPEN]

Hi, newb here.

I'm new to this kind of editing, so I'd like a little clarification on the test.

To what extent should I be modifying the text? Do I just focus on grammar, spelling and punctuation? Should I be re-structuring or re-writing the sentences to help the dialogue flow along? Should I reorganize the dialogue to fit the bubbles more easily, and make it easier on the typesetter? I'd just like to know exactly what the title 'proofreader' implies.

Retired EGS Honorable member Claudia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toady View Post
    Hi, newb here.

I'm new to this kind of editing, so I'd like a little clarification on the test.

To what extent should I be modifying the text? Do I just focus on grammar, spelling and punctuation? Should I be re-structuring or re-writing the sentences to help the dialogue flow along? Should I reorganize the dialogue to fit the bubbles more easily, and make it easier on the typesetter? I'd just like to know exactly what the title 'proofreader' implies.
    It's all what you mention above actually. Flow is as much important as grammar and spelling.

And yes keep in mind that typesetters will just copy paste whatever line is in blue
    :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

All right, I'll give it a shot in a bit.

Member We dig you!
    Is this still open? I believe the topic on the home page said they wanted Proofreaders to be done in 1-3 days and I believe it is past then. I will give it a try if it is still open. If so, I have one question; can proofreaders reword the sentence completely where it makes more sense in English?

-Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kasey21 View Post
    Is this still open? I believe the topic on the home page said they wanted Proofreaders to be done in 1-3 days and I believe it is past then. I will give it a try if it is still open. If so, I have one question; can proofreaders reword the sentence completely where it makes more sense in English?

-Thanks
    yes to all of your questions XD
    :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

ophelia72
    Hey, I'm interested in helping out, but before I commit myself, I just want to know- What's the approximate work load that this would be?

ophelia72 = the workload you manage it ~ You can only have 1 project or you can have 3 to proofread its your call.

Last edited by Lyon; 02-19-2015 at 10:31 PM.

I will be unavailable during exam weeks. (Some semester exams in January and other exams in May. Busy for 2 weeks in both months)
    I can give advance notice. Can I still apply?

Retired EGS Honorable member We dig you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Starberry View Post
    I will be unavailable during exam weeks. (Some semester exams in January and other exams in May. Busy for 2 weeks in both months)
    I can give advance notice. Can I still apply?
    You can . You are not the only person to have exams ^^

As long as you notify us when you are going be absent for a certain period of time, all is good .
    Last edited by Claudia; 11-28-2011 at 09:09 AM.

klissa2347
    Hey I use Hotmail so when you say easygoingscans[at]gmail.com do you mean easygoingscans@gmail.com?
    Last edited by R; 11-29-2011 at 01:49 AM.