Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Proofreaders [OPEN]

Retired EGS Honorable member Claudia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunehime View Post
    Hi, is there any other way to get the application form, since I only have an iPhone for the moment??

No ~ if you can not open what we put up there you wont be able to work with anything in our group. Everything have that format.
    :ShinWoo_Blush:Franky_Mad:Takeo_huh:Tao_laugh:Rai_Tea:Crombel_Smirk:Franky_Cleans:Ikhan_Teary_eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunehime View Post
    Hi, is there any other way to get the application form, since I only have an iPhone for the moment??
    Check out the apps... if you can find one to let you work with zipped files and word processing, you should be golden. I got it to work on my droid, and I'm sure that the iphone, as it's been out longer, would have a lot of good tools....

I downloaded the proofreader test but... isn't it supposed to be in english so I can check for the spelling and grammar mistakes? Cause the test chapter is completely NOT in english. So what's going on here?

Senior Member We dig you! do_or_die's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRain View Post
    I tride downloding but all I get is stuff like this:

Rar!ϐs

žt`€K™=E[1]8.3+ Proofer_test_[Easy_Going]_HTN224\26_073.jpg‘™•@O&4˜L(˜T€ˆ‰

[1]‚€‚~™"cd1A wo~y;~}9šϾoJšš—.]e_]j^ŠEo—$Mut!‘Ͷ )/D”“““~YAG(fE1712456iɹŸ  ‑%_}•—}k›‘HBXp$‡ L‹'$Š$Ÿ”PRU\JϺ?~yW4 Œ‰‑Q7h 6
    FljžŸj
    woZ"/9=AEK \]^_`uzvžS[ƒ‹—q~
    yaa"b’D‚†‹QSUWY[]_ﶷe
    3Kַ?‡aŸI?_*_~F_p– YŠ;Of‡Rjg

I opened it said to chose the un-coding thing that made it legible butall of them when like this or even more eligible. Did I miss the one I was supposedto select or was it something I missed?
    Pleas help me.

I really want to help, if I can...
    if that make any sense

i am sure that you tried to open it using one of your text editors. you were supposed to open with winrar.

for more help, read the first post carefully
    signatures...

Senior Member We dig you! do_or_die's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRain View Post
    I tride downloding but all I get is stuff like this:

Rar!ϐs

žt`€K™=E[1]8.3+ Proofer_test_[Easy_Going]_HTN224\26_073.jpg‘™•@O&4˜L(˜T€ˆ‰

[1]‚€‚~™"cd1A wo~y;~}9šϾoJšš—.]e_]j^ŠEo—$Mut!‘Ͷ )/D”“““~YAG(fE1712456iɹŸ  ‑%_}•—}k›‘HBXp$‡ L‹'$Š$Ÿ”PRU\JϺ?~yW4 Œ‰‑Q7h 6
    FljžŸj
    woZ"/9=AEK \]^_`uzvžS[ƒ‹—q~
    yaa"b’D‚†‹QSUWY[]_ﶷe
    3Kַ?‡aŸI?_*_~F_p– YŠ;Of‡Rjg

I opened it said to chose the un-coding thing that made it legible butall of them when like this or even more eligible. Did I miss the one I was supposedto select or was it something I missed?
    Pleas help me.

I really want to help, if I can...
    if that make any sense

StrawberryRain, i just reproduced that error you were talking about. You downloaded the file properly, then right clicked, tried to open with office, word or whatever program you were using. When you do that, you will get see that weird sequence of symbols on your screen. this is a .rar file, so you will need winrar or an equivalent to open it.

for more details search for winrar, learn how it's used. else, even if we send you a file, it'll still be a .rar and you will get the same result.
    signatures...

Senior Member Is Awesome tallrice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinman View Post
    Is it necessary to catch every error? How many mistakes can we make before we fail?
    It needs to read idiomatically, it's not as if we have a checklist, though there are some mistakes that we expect to be corrected. Also, as important as 'fixing the mistakes', it's also a matter of fixing them in a way that still reflects the original meaning correctly. If the proofread script has a different meaning than what the mangaka wrote, there should be a good stylistic reason for this (which you can justify in a note, if you want - just put notes in brackets and highlight them.)

Also, make sure to spot the missing bubbles.

Good luck~

Senior Member Is Awesome tallrice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinman View Post
    Do you have a preference to capitalization after a "..."? I would think that it wouldn't be, if it was part of the same sentence.

Do you put a blue line for every line, or only for the ones that need correction?

Do you include the name of the person saying the line?

i.e.

Some random dude: I want chocolate.

or

I want chocolate.
    Usually capitalize, even in the same sentence after an ellipsis. Though, it's not a big thing. I've seen tls go both ways depending on preference.

Blue is for everything you write, so if you correct a line, the correction should be in blue. You might want to differentiate with your bracketed notes (I personally would use red or green or something for the notes, but be consistent)

Usually PRs don't include the name, they just write the new, corrected line beneath.

Unless you have a general question, there is no need to post here that you have taken the test or will take the test. All responses to the applications will be done via email.

If you don't see a response in over week, feel free to resend it or post here querying about it because sometimes the email will get marked as spam and we don't see it.

If you don't have time to take the test now, send it to us when it's complete. We'll accept new applications as long as the position is still open.

All open positions are listed here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PNENVaHc#gid=0

Reopening PR position.

As a warning, when taking the test, please check for grammar, spelling, flow, vocabulary, and pay particular attention to each panel in the raw.

Failure to do this will result in a failed test.