Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seven's Attempts at Poetry

The Omnipresent Ice Queen

Happy Birthday, mum! Thank you for everything!
    Now, look who I've found with presents
    Spoiler
    I am rather impressive, yes. ©
    ---
    And still we pray.

Drama Queen

We dig you!
    I found something, too. It seems to be left over from the masquerade...

Reflections by CO Agent #814
    Spoiler
    The air pressure changed and Lina knew someone would be coming through the doorway to the guardroom momentarily. Visitors were never announced by inelegant shrieking from hinges the boss took pride in keeping as silent as the passage of the Kertia Clan Leader.

She set down her quill as she wondered who would be coming at this hour. She and Agent #777—Jim—were the only ones still remaining, and she was only here because he was. If she left him here by himself, he would probably work through the night; if she stayed long enough, she might be able to chivvy him home to rest in an hour or two. He was obsessive enough to want to finish everything related to the masquerade before he slept, now that all of the humans (except the one the Noblesse had decided to keep) had finally been ejected. What a nightmare that had been! Never before, and never after she fervently hoped, had they gotten complaints about trespassing self-aware rodents putting purple paw prints on a clan leader’s walls!

As her eyes moved to the door, they caught on the enormous piles of reports arranged neatly on Jim’s desk. How he kept everything so organized was beyond her. With the dozens of requests for new investigations he received (most of them from Landegre-nim, who didn’t even have official jurisdiction in the Central Order), the investigations themselves, the reports he wrote up afterwards, and the reports on his many missions… the quantity of paperwork he managed was staggering. Lina was truly in awe of it. In awe of him. His dedication to work most people didn’t know he did and interest in details that no one really appreciated was so very admirable.

The last thought was tinged with resentment. Jim had worked so hard on those reports and she knew for a fact that Landegre-nim had done no more than scan several of them, after carrying them around in his robes for over a day first.

She hastily smoothed her face as Landegre-nim himself appeared in the doorway as if summoned by her resentment. Fortunately, he didn’t seem to notice her, or he chose to ignore her, sitting at attention at her desk tucked in the corner.

The clan leader strode purposefully to Jim’s desk, and Jim stood and bowed respectfully. After he straightened, he asked in his usual business-like manner, “How may I be of assistance, Landegre-nim?”
    He displayed no hint of the exhaustion that had been bowing Lina’s shoulders, no shade of annoyance like she was currently harboring. One day she wanted to be like Jim. She tried to put the same order into her thoughts that she had been able to stuff into her spine. Real respect for authority, even if Landegre-nim was a heartless, unappreciative—

“Jim…” the clan leader interrupted her thoughts. There was a pause before he continued gruffly, “…Good work.” He gave a sharp nod before turning and leaving at a measured pace, neither fast nor slow, deliberate, but not as heavy as one might expect of such a large man. Lina stared after him, eyes wide and lips parted in shock.

Good work, he had said. All he had said. He hadn’t specified good work on what. He did know, after all. Jim did good work. Period. End of story.

And from Landegre-nim… For him to come to Central Order Headquarters, late at night—to make a special trip—for the sole purpose of telling Jim he did good work… Her eyes misted slightly and her chest felt tight.

Yes, one day she wanted to be like Jim.

Happy Birthday!!

Senior Member Is Awesome MoonShadow's Avatar
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

Super Moderator
    Oh Wow! Such a nice surprise!
    Thank you everyone!

@madimb-chan,
    A basket full of love. You know me well. Thank you!
    Your drawing has so many details! Every time I look at it, I see something new.
    And, I love the fluffy cloud-like wings in the second. (I will always cherish your heart and hold it gently.)

@d1r31,
    I love your spoof!
    Becoming RK-7 is such an honor!
    Thank you very much.

@Liska-chan
    Thank you for the cute story.
    It seems that Shinwoo and I have something in common.

@Sheri-chan,
    Three perfect gifts from my three favorite men!
    How did you know?!

@Erro-chan
    Great story!
    Jim and I were both very happy to receive such an honorable approval from such a prestigious Clan Leader.
    Thank you!

@Moony-chan,
    Thank you for the card!
    I love the colors, especially the lovely red balloon!
    (In the US, there is a tradition of giving black balloons on the 50th birthday. I was very happy to see red!)
    Last edited by SevenSeven; 05-04-2014 at 01:51 PM.

The Omnipresent Ice Queen

Quote Originally Posted by SevenSeven
    Three perfect gifts from my three favorite men!
    How did you know?!
    It would be a shame, if the secret agent of NO weren't able to find out such important information)
    I am glad you like it
    I am rather impressive, yes. ©
    ---
    And still we pray.

Senior Member Is Awesome MoonShadow's Avatar
    You're very welcome. :D
    Black? O.o Well I'm glad I was able to add a splash of colour to the balloon party. XD :)
    Spoiler

Super Moderator
    Limited Days

leaves drift peacefully
    sing a song of thanks giving
    sun sleeps early now

Senior Member Pure awesomeness! d1r31's Avatar
    You perfectly captured the feeling after Daylight Saving Time ended.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

masterbeast
    We dig you!
    What a beautiful Haiku.